For a high quality lighting, lighting distribution is as important as luminosity required. For professional lighting solution, glare control. luminous flux, and lighting uniformity are the most important factors that we cannot ignore. Here lighting distribution shows its importance.

There are five types of light distribution Types I-V. Type I and Type V are symmetrical beam for narrow area lighting, and Type II, III & IV are asymmetrical beam mainly for outdoor parking lot, alley, or building facades lighting. To choose a proper luminaire, you need to figure out the exact shape of the area to be illuminated. For example, if it's a plaza, you'll need a very broad light distribution luminaire, while a aisle you need a narrow beam luminaire to avoid light spill.  For sports lighting, an improper light distribution may require more poles to meet your lighting criteria, sometimes it may be a waste of cost. The term “distribution type” defines how far forward of the luminaire (i.e., on the street side) the effective output reaches.

For area lighting, eliminating dark spots means high uniformity of lighting. You need to calculate and draft a simulation withe IES files to see what the final lighting result will be. In this process, the type of light distribution plays a crucial role. Whatever situation you are dealing with, understanding light distribution type will ensure you to design the best lighting for the area.

Here we have a look at the five types of light distribution by IESNA as below:

Type I Light Distribution:

wide and symmetrical light for luminaires located in the middle of a walkway, with the width of the pattern it creates is about equal to the luminaire's height. Suitable for sidewalks, border lighting, or narrow walkways, usually in low wattage like 30W to 60W LED lights.

Type II Light Distribution:

sightly wider light distribution for installations where the fixture is installed at the edge of a wide path, or roadway. The luminaire lights an area up to 1.5 times wider than the mounting height of the luminaire. For example, if the fixture is 5m high, it will cast light up to 7.5m wide on the area. Suitable for wide paths, and side streets.

Type III Light Distribution:

cast light about 2.75 times wider than the fixture mounting. Luminaires intend to be installed along the side of the area. For example, if luminaire mounting height is 5m high, it will cover about 13.75m wide.

Suitable for roadway, and parking area.

Type IV Light Distribution:

asymmetric light distribution, the fixtures will cast light 2.75 times wider than mounting height, but with a more rounded distribution pattern that pushes the light outward, with little light falling behind the fixture. For optimal forward throw light distribution, they are usually installed on walls or used to illuminate specific areas.

Suitable for building exterior, and perimeters of parking area, usually for high power outdoor lighting like sports lighting outdoor floodlights.

Type V Light Distribution:

omnidirectional luminaires, with light in a uniform square or circle around the fixture.

Suitable for large parking areas, and spaces need high uniformity of lighting.

Angelila Led Products the ,light ,lighting ,distribution ,for ,of ,light distribution ,the fixture ,of the ,the luminaire ,the area ,light distribution typesمنبع

KEHAN will continue the production of wire harness with cable track

8core spiral and straight cable with M12 male connector

New Cable Assemblies Start Mass Production!

When Do I Need a “Constant-voltage” LED Driver?

KEHAN Adds New Cable Tester!

Expert in cable production

Three Major Advances in Micro LED Technology in 2018

مشخصات

آخرین جستجو ها

تخفیف پولکی معرفی بهترین برندهای لوازم آرایشی و بهداشتی خرید بهترین مبل راحتی مقالات حقوقی خبرنامه پمپ آب اجناس فوق العاده زولا | Zula فروش گاو صندوق به صورت اینترنتی پرتو